Sunday, May 31, 2009

LIFE.MONEY.HOPE Part 3

Today was the last day of Dave Ramsey, a little sad, yet exciting because next week we start ONE PRAYER!! I am super pumped! Last year I loved being a part of it, and this year even more churches across the world are participating. It is an awesome time to be united with other Christians, and actually work together and not against each other, like some do. So back to Dave...

Here are the notes for this week...

The #1 Myth About Money
*A steward is a manager- Ps. 24:1
*The tithe is 10% of your income to your local church- Deut. 26:12
*Ultimately, to be Christlike, you must be a giver- Gen. 1:27
*Giving is a reminder of ownership- Ps. 24:1
*Giving is praise and worship- 2 Cor. 2:9
*Giving is spiritual warfare- Mal. 3:8

Some other little notes
*We are not owners of our money, we are just managing it for God
*A tithe literally means a tenth
*Tithing is not a salvation issue, just an instruction from God
*We have God in our spiritual DNA
*To be a cheerful giver you must give, then forget about it
*Teach your kids to be a giver by being one yourself

I really enjoyed watching Dave for these last 3 weeks. I know it gave Eric and Mark a much needed break, and time to get reved up for One Prayer. I know you all think I am goofy for being so excited about it, but seriously, it is awesome. We are having 2 guest speakers at our church, and Mark is going to speak at their churches. Then we are watching a video one week, and then of course Mark will be preaching one week. Just to see the impact it had on our church body last year was incredible. I feel honored and humbled that God allowed me to participate with these wonderful people. Please be praying for all the churches involved. May we reach more people together then apart.

2 comments:

Mom Putnam said...

it is so nice to hear your enthusiasium and know that you are helping others to Christ, Kate. I am so proud of you and wish you a nd Eric lived closer. (as i am sure your mom does too)

Kristin said...

Wow! I am so excited to hear about another church who is participating in One Prayer! I can't wait to hear about your experiences, etc. Going to church is a totally new thing for me, and I'm excited to be a part of church and then on top of that, to be involved in a global event like this!