Thursday, June 4, 2009

One Prayer 2009

On Sunday, June 7, One Prayer 2009 officially kicks off. I am super pumped! Even if your church isn't participating, which you should strongly urge your church to next year, you can still be a part of a great thing here.
I decided that the class I teach at church, the 4/kindergartners should be learning the same thing as the adults. Well there is no curriculum for the this age, so my over-zealous self decided to write it all. What was I thinking, seriously?! Well, as off last night, I finished the curriculum! I am excited and nervous to see what the other teachers think of it, but more excited that the kids can share in the same themes that the adults are learning about as well.
I am excited for our guest speakers, and for the whole "program" in general. Last year our church had an amazing time being part of it, and I know the same will go for this year. I love the idea of churches coming together, working together, and serving together. Hello, I think this is what God had in mind back in Acts. Too bad it has taken this long for it to happen!
Please pray for all of the churches world wide taking part in One Prayer. With such a great thing, also comes attacks from Satan. Please pray that we are able to stand strong against him, together, as one, as the church.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay! I'm so excited that your church is participating and so is mine.....won't that be fun to keep up with what each other's churches are able to accomplish?! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Sounds awesome. I will have to look into this some more! Praying here...