Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One Prayer Week 2

This week we had a guest speaker. His name is Pastor Guy, I am not a big fan of referring to Pastors as Pastor So and So, but I do not know his last name, and his first name is Guy, so I will call him Pastor Guy. He spoke about Christians and their doubt. Here are the notes...

"The shame isn't that people have doubts, but that they are ashamed of them." Os Guiness

Would it be freeing to know that doubt is normal and common? John 8:32

If we deny or bury...
A. We will never overcome them
B. We will short circuit other people's journey to God
-Faith does not require you to know all of the answers

Doubts flow from questions

Principles for Handling Doubt
1. Identify it
2. Talk about it, Jude 1:22
3. Ask God for help, Mark 9:24
4. Act on what faith you have

Doubt wins when it restrains our faith. The opposite of faith is not doubt; it is unbelief.

Perspective: I do not call doubt my friend; neither do I call it my enemy; I find it to be one of my most challenging teachers.

No comments: