Thursday, June 11, 2009

Waiting



A couple of weeks ago my friend, Kristin posted this video on her blog, I must admit, I listen to it frequently. I first heard it when I watched Fireproof, and it really ministered to me. I love the words about worshiping, and serving while waiting on God.

Do you really serve while waiting, worship while waiting? I know I don't, well at least not all of the time. I am usually the impatient waiter, the grumpy waiter, and the instant, I want it now waiter. I feel like I have a lot of patience with people, but when it comes to the Almighty, it's a little different story.

Right now we are waiting on a house. Our offer was accepted by the people who used to own it, and now we are waiting on the bank to accept it. The guy who usually approves these types of things, well he is on vacation right now. So we are 50% there. But this time around while we were waiting to hear back on a house, I felt like I had a little different attitude. I just kept remembering that God is the same today as he was yesterday, and he will be the same tomorrow, faithful, he is faithful always.

What are you waiting on? Are you serving, are you worshiping while you wait? Maybe you should try to be, the wait might get a whole lot different.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love that song!

Kristin said...

I love that song so much too. Sometimes it's so hard to realize that God's timing is not always as fast as what we would like. I hope that everything works out with your house offer!