Wednesday, May 27, 2009

LIFE.MONEY.HOPE Part 2

The next part in Dave Ramsey's videos talked about getting out of debt. Yet again, I doubted that I would learn anything. This is not bragging, just careful financial planning, Eric and I have no debt, never had debt, and will never have debt (other then a house payment). We have committed to staying out of debt, and work very hard at it. I guess I shouldn't say we will never have debt, but we have carefully planned for if something comes up. I encourage you all to do the same. We have an emergency fund, and trust me it is hard not to spend it! I would love to have a nice, new car, but instead I drive a Ford Taurus that Eric and I saved all of our money to buy. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't compare to the ones I see when I drive by the lot. But I also don't like owing anyone money, therefore we won't have a car payment, and we will drive like no one else right now, so when we have money we can drive like no one else.

Here are my notes from Week 2 of LIFE.MONEY.HOPE
Bondage is broken with:
1. Gazelle Intensity
2. Debt Snowball-attack the littlest one first
*You need to watch the video to better understand the two above

Steps Out of Debt
1. You must save money
2. Quit borrowing more money
3. Prayer really works
4. Sell something
5. Take a part-time job, or work over-time

For some reason this week I didn't really jot anything else down on my notes. He was still funny, and I still came away with something. I think you really need to watch the video to get a lot of this. Plus he spent a lot of time on the first two-gazelles, debt snowball.

1 comment:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Good advice...from what I've seen of Dave Ramsey, he seems to have a great deal of wisdom supported in scripture...regarding properly handling finances.