Saturday, October 31, 2009

Proverbs 31

Proverbs 31 from The Message

Part 1- Speak Out For Justice...
1. Verses 8/9 ""Speak up for the people who have no voice, for the rights of all the down-and-outers. Speak out for justice! Stand up for the poor and destitute!""-good advice Lemuel's Mom gave him. We should practice this today!

Part 2- Hymn To A Good Wife...
After reading this part, I am left to wonder, does this woman ever have a bad day? Good grief! This passage is something I really try to be, and some days I get it right and other days, I am a huge mess! I think that after reading this, women should want to be held to a higher standard, and we truly do make a difference in the lives of our kids and our husbands. Have you ever noticed that when you are in a good mood, your husband is in a good mood, and your kids? As women, we truly set the tone of our household, and that is a big responsibility. I am not here to guilt trip you, I am pointing the finger back at myself. I think, no, I know I need to read this passage on a daily basis to keep things in perspective, to keep on pushing toward the ultimate goal, and to remind myself that God has given me a big challenge, am I up to it?

Thanks for reading along with me in Proverbs. I learned a lot, and am glad that I was able to share this experience with you all!

2 comments:

Holly said...

8 -9 "Speak up for the people who have no voice, for the rights of all the down-and-outers. Speak out for justice! Stand up for the poor and destitute!"

Good Wife Hymn:
I agree with you Kate about wanting to have a higher standard. I wish I could be like her all the time!!

Kristin said...

I have really loved reading along with you! I really need to work on the wife stuff, for sure. I am trying to find some way to find joy in everyday household stuff. LOL!