Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update

Sorry for leaving you all hanging on this blog! I update my personal one almost daily, and probably should delete this one, since I write about the same things on both of them.

Our grand total for our ReThinking Christmas offering was over $29,000.00!! How awesome! The largest gift was $3000.00. So we know that everyone sacrificed, and the kids brought in $1000.00 alone!

We were able to build 3 wells in Ethiopia and help out a local mission in downtown Milwaukee. Last we took up an impromptu offering for the people of Haiti and our people gave over $3000.00. I am sure this week it will be more since now they have had time to prepare for it. I love that The Ridge doesn't just talk about helping people, we actually do it. That's our mission-to help people find and follow God.

In other news...I am sure most of you know, but Eric and I had a miscarriage last week. We are still grieving the loss of our baby, but I think we are doing pretty well. Molly has been awesome, and she has helped us heal, a lot. Bless her heart, she doesn't realize how much good she does for Eric and I.

I am settling into my new position as the Director of Children and Families at The Ridge. Our other children's minister resigned last week. She left on great terms, she just is going through a lot of personal transitions right now like getting married, becoming a step-mom, and a lot of other stuff. She will still be helping out and attending The Ridge, but what this all means for me is that I am in charge!! I am now responsible for birth-fifth grade. I am excited and God has really blessed me with people stepping up and helping out.

Our move to the high school is happening in almost a month! We are getting down to the wire with ordering everything, training everyone, etc. But it is exciting and I am super pumped to see what God does in 2010 at The Ridge!

No comments: